I use 5 fundamental human movement patterns to get you stronger, more balanced, and more flexible.
My particular focus is the muscles of the hips, legs and lower back – these are the most essential both for athleticism, and staying mobile and independent as we age.
I subscribe to the Health At Any Size (HEAS) principles – I believe that what your body can do and how it makes you feel is more important than how you look; though you will absolutely notice aesthetic changes as you get stronger!
What to Expect
In our first session, we will discuss your fitness goals, injury history, and any prior athletic experience.
Who This Is For
- Older People
- People who spend a lot of time sitting
- Those recovering from injury
- Those who are at risk of a fall and want to decrease their risk
- Cardio-focused athletes like runners and cyclists who want to include strength training
- Anyone interested in learning the classic barbell exercises
You will be introduced to some of the exercises that we may use. Any special considerations for injury or mobility limitations will be evaluated at this time.
Based on your goals and on your athletic history, I will develop an exercise prescription that will be provided and explained over subsequent sessions.